American Heroes

American Heroes
My son in Iraq, the one in the middle - I am so proud of him!

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Item #23 - Wrap Up!

I'm done! I actually got all the way through. This has been a good experience, and has taught me quite a lot. It has been so much information, that I am not quite sure I have absorbed it all at once. I will go back and look at everything again. For me, concepts are much easier the second time around. I am thankful that I recently took Web Publishing because knowing some html was a big help. Of all the exercises, I think I like the online word processing, etc. the best. YouTube is really fun to look at, and Flicker is also interesting. As for reading blogs, I'm not inclined to do so across the board. I have one I follow, but other than that, no. I am truly amazed that some have so much time to accomplish so much online. Where do they find the time? Technology is a given. It is here, and will continue to expand and zero in at the same time. I do think, though, as human beings that in person communication is the most important. I know someone whose "SecondLife" has led to the loss of their first and real life. Technology is a wonderful tool, and as long as we remember this, we're OK. A professor at Kent said in a lecture, that many highly qualified people graduate with an MLIS, but as an HR person, this prof said they would always hire the applicant with people/customer service skills in a heartbeat. Technology can always be taught. So, I guess that's what Library 2.0 is about. At my leisure I will look at the items after #23, but for now, THE END.

1 comment:

Blogteam said...

Congratulations on completing the Library 2.0 journey!
Louisa