American Heroes

American Heroes
My son in Iraq, the one in the middle - I am so proud of him!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Items 6 & 7

I looked through Flicker pretty thoroughly awhile back. Refreshed my memory today. There are a lot of interesting things - tools, applications and so forth. Much time could be spent on this topic alone. I am glad to be aware of what is out there, but probably won't do this much on my own.

As for talking about something technology oriented that interests me, that's a tough one. As a librarian I am eager to know what's out there so I don't appear like a complete idiot if someone asks me a question. However, personally, I guess you could say I am a bit of a luddite (learned that word at Kent). Technology is a wonderful tool - - - - but it often seems that it has taken the place of real life. Am I alone out there in thinking this? Maybe. Maybe not. As for what interests me technologically, it would have to be my digital camera. This to share photos with family and friends - not for public viewing.

Oh, I must say - the internet, e-mail, news blogs, & so on have been a wonderful help with my son in Iraq. Again, great tools, but they certainly don't take the place of the real thing.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I agree with your assessment that technology is taking over real life. As much as I love discovering new cool websites and tools, it can't compare to hiking in the woods or walking my dogs or smelling Lake Erie. Everything in moderation, I suppose . . .